hook question

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by catcrazed, Jun 27, 2008.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    had a few fish get off on me the other night on my 8/0 gamakatsu circle hooks the other night. Doesnt happen very often but I am going to try the kahl style hook tonight but was just curious of something. Do you just let the fish hook themselves with these style hooks or do you need to jerk? We normally fish tightline. We normally fish for blues. When the bigger fish hit the circle hooks work great but I think were getting into some smaller channels and there just not hooking themselves with the circles very well. Do you think the kahls (is that how you spell that) would work better or not with fishing tightline?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I stick with Gamakatsu Red 8/0 sickle Khale hooks and they work GREAT!!!
    Look on E-bay, I usually get a hundred for $15 and under. Not failed me yet and are thin hooks also which is good for live bait.
    You can tight line them or clicker fish either way, they'll work like a circle or if you wanna cross their eyes you can do that too.
    Hope this helps!!!:wink::big_smile::cool2:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use Eagle Claws 9/0 King Kahles. They work great and yes......JERK HARD!!!!!:big_smile:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I always have used kahle hooks they are great.And yes you can set the hook or use like a circle its a win win situation my friend.