Hook question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by odie072, May 8, 2006.

1. odie072

odie072 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ok, one more question before bed. What do ya'll think about the whisker sticker hook for livers? (kahle style with little barbs on the shank).

wow, I'm learning so much my head hurts:haha:

odie072

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    never use them but when i did use liver it was with a treble hook. I would just forgot the liver and go with danny king blood better then liver and you catch more fish. Plus it never goes bad mind stays in the boat all the time.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can tell you that Kahles are the only hooks I use and they are much larger than those whiskerstickers you speak of. I use kahles ranging from 7/0 to 10/0 with cut shad of skipjack. I don't fish with livers so I really can't answer this one.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use the wisker stickers all the time,the 2/0 anyway.I really like them and that extra barb on there really holds the fish,if you hook one hes not comming off thats for sure.I use cured liver on mine with no trouble at all.The only problem i have with the wisker sticker is with the extra barb it can be a pain unhooking the fish but at least i got it landed.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've Never Had Anything Get Off A Circle Or Kahle Hook, Plus As You Mentioned The Hooks That You Are Talking About Are Hard To Dislodge. Not Good :confused2:When Practicing CPR. Elliot