Hook, line, and sinker....

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by nitronostrils, May 29, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Been searching for a strictly catfish forum and seems to be that BOC has some good info and well mannered members, good bait to lure for potiential members. Thanks for allowing me join. Anyways I'm from the Pana, IL area, usually float between Clinton, Carlyle, and Shelbyville Lakes fishing off the bank. Just a quick question is the two pole limit law enforced hard? Thanks.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Welcome to the BOC!!! Good to have you aboard. I have no idea about the 2 pole limit but if its a law i'd say they probably enforce it. I live in KY-which has no limit but I do a lot of fishing across the river in Ohio and they have a 2 pole limit. I only fish with 2 poles over there...Its not worth the risk of losing my equipment and/or a fine.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya on board. You've just inherited a whole new family.We deeply care about each other and this is just a fun addictive place to be. So start posting and have fun!!:big_smile:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeremy.

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    a buddy of mine got all his rods and reels taken away when he had 5 poles out one night. i was obeying the law and had 3:smile2: so id say go with 2. or be close to a big brush pile you can throw one into real quick at the site of a light coming through the woods:lol:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC.. You're gonna love it here.. And to answer your question, yes the 2 pole limit is strictly enforced.. You may never get checked, but if you do you will lose all equipment and pay a hefty fine..
    Also I would like to invite you to the Illinois gathering next month at Pere Marquette.. Go to the gathering section and look at Catstock for more info on it.. Again welcome, you're gonna find this site very habit forming..

7. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks for the welcomes and STRONG advice concerning the rod limit, we all work too hard to have it taken away. I was just asking Because the last time I went catfishing was back in '94 at Belton Lake down in TX(stationed at Ft. Hood) anyways early spring hit and told myself "heck let's go fishing, must replace old tackle, fishing line that would probably break if a knat hooked on, etc etc", so I drove my lil butt to the store and what a mistake. I was a kid in a candy store, never seen anodized reels before(heck it attracted me surely it would attract fish..lol) ......POOF ...in the shopping cart. You get the picture.. Anyways back to rod limit, I was at Clinton Spillway this past weekend and took 3 poles down to the water front, just got casting the 2nd rod in, sat down, and a voice from up on the bank asked " Any luck tonite?" I turned and YIKES it was Mr. Game himself, strong hint not to mess around never know where they will pop up. Just wanting to try different baits/rigs, but I can also go with a tri-swevel and test two baits on one rod and see what they are hitting on. Thanks again.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, Illinois. Good luck.

9. kfritts

kfritts New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It doesn't look like you should have many problems. It looks like Clinton is the only one of the 3 that has a 2 pole limit. Carlyle and Shelbyville would be state reg at 50 hooks as long as you have your name and address etc on the extra poles.

10. kfritts

kfritts New Member

State:
    Indiana
    extra poles being in excess of the first 2 poles which do not need to be "tagged"

11. Albert7

Albert7 New Member

State:
    Chster,Illinois.
    Hey, I just spoke with a Game Warden the other day,ask about tagging poles.He said that a simple/legal way is to take one of your personal address labels,paste it to your pole,then put clear tape over it.SIMPLE!!!
    I wrote my phone number on my labels as well,maybe someone will return the pole,the next HOG drags-in!!! Tee-Hee-Hee.
    L.O.L.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    rend lake has a 2 pole limit, but no limit on jugs or trotlines. go figure.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy Welcome to the BOC.If you choose to take a shortcut in Illinois, it will cost you an arm and leg. Stay legal and stay safe. Welcome aboard.:lol::big_smile:

14. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2: You need to follow the site regulations,but if you are on any water that uses state regulations you can use up to 49 poles.Just have your name and address on each pole.We use the plastic label printer and stick the label down near the rod that way it is out of the way and is on every pole.We use on a average 10 poles on my boat when on the IL and Miss. rivers.

15. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think that no matter what, you need to follow regs. Is it worth the fine and loss of equipment to get caught breaking the rules? Just make sure you know the limits where you are, and follow. You can always run two hooks on your pole if you want to get more bait in the water. It's just not worth the loss of money for a couple extra fish.

Tight lines to ya!