Hook & Leader Tamer

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MoCatfisher, Jun 2, 2008.

1. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

I've seen several types posted on here thought I would show what I make and use...simple, 1½" plastic pipe, I use about 6" you can make it how ever long you like for the amount of hooks you want to carry, with the loop half of hook & loop (velcro) contact cemented to it. Drill 3/16 or 1/4" holes for the hook point to go thru wind the leader around and secure it with a small piece of the hook side of the velcro. See the pics...Works very well and easy to do... Hook+Leader Holder.jpg

Hook+Leader Holder2.jpg

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Looks good John. Thanks for the tip!!

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Are these for trot lines or rod and reel set up? For my rod and real set up I got some small baggies and put one in each baggie. Then they fit into my tackle box. It works great and is out of the way. Your system alos looks good. If I can figure out how to put pictures on here I will post some pictures. Me and computers dont get along.

Tom

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    John, Thanks for the idea.

5. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Would work equally well for either, might just have to make a little bigger holes for trout line drops, depending on what size hooks you use...

6. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like your idea. Sounds simple. Velcro is reasonably priced. Do you use the other half of the velcro to help hold them in place?

7. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Yeah...the 'fuzzy' side is glued to the pipe and the other side you cut in small strips to hold the end of the leader after it is wrapped around...( see pics in first post)

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John thanks for sharing your idea with the BOC.