Hooch North of Atlanta

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Klag, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anyone fish the Hooch North of Atlanta? I live in Duluth, fairly close to Lanier but really close to the Hooch near Medlock Bridge, and Holcomb Bridge. States Bridge too but I don't think there is any bank access there (I don't have a boat).

I'm kinda tired of driving all the way to Lanier, and wanted to try the Hooch. Doesn't seem deep enough for any fish of size, but figured someone here might know.

Thanks!
    :)

2. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I went to Medlock Bridge today, looked like a decent spot but signs everywhere that said artificial bait only from Medlock to GA20... I didn't stay, and just headed over to Lanier.

3. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    I M PRETTY SURE THE ARTIFICIAL ONLY IS FOR TROUT FISHING ONLY, AS ALWAYS ,CHECK THE REGS.

4. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yea, I had assumed that too - but wasn't positive. Really didn't look deep enough anyway.

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    my brother lives over in roswell near the hootch. ive also wondered if there were any flatheads north of atlanta. I've read on here that they are down near the westpoint area, so they may be spreading on up to buford dam? I've checked the river out near the roswell area.....a lot of the river is shallow shoals, but there is a few stretches that have a lot of wood along the bank that look like bigcat habitat.......i guess there's no way to find out unless dnr does some studies, or if one of us fishes it...

6. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    We fish the hootch a lot albeit south of atlanta but the water is shallow there
    we have been catching flatheads and channels in 3 to 6 ft of water. It couldn't hurt to load a line and toss in a wait a bit. What will you lose, couple hours:wink:
    dallas

7. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the info, and good point!

:)

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I see new names [at least to me ] on here you all need to sign up and come down to the gathering the end of June [see member gathering forum] for info will be a lot of fun and info floating around down there