Honey hole

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jun 29, 2007.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went out last night for a bit to my little honey hole . Once I got there I was disapointed at finding a mess of trash in a very large amount just scattered , from cans bait containers propane bottles and hardees bags ...so me and my boy picked the crap up and put in the can less then 5 feet away ....lol

So now we are in the water cruising back to the ol' hot spot and as I come up to the first cove I see about 40 oil jugs . Now im thinking what doedicks are these . Get to second cove and bingo about 40 more .

There is a sign at this lake when entering on 2 full sheets of plywood that post the rules of the lake and in big red letters says NO JUG FISHING .

Anyway I am not a cop caller or a snitch , Iam 6ft.6 and about 350lbs. mean as a gar and fight like a catfish ....lol. So im going fishing tonight and taking a pair of siccors ....

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Good for you! I hate it when people don't respect anything. I bring a 5 gallon bucket with me when I fish to carry my cast net in. I ALWAYS leave with that bucket full of garbage. As far as the illegal jugs are concerned, I would call the warden simply because that person has probably done it before and most likely will again (even if their lines somehow disappeared from their jugs ;)). Perhaps tipping off law enforcement will result in increased surveillance and stiffer penalties? BTW - this wasn't on the lake that you sent the PM about, is it? If so, I am REALLY not happy with those idiots :angry:

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    its bad enough that they cant follow rules but using oil jugs come on. its just like camping you pack it in you pack it out

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    no its not that lake arron. its the reservoir here in nashville

5. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah people who litter everywhere really tick me off! My wife and kids went fishing with me one night and when we got there there was fish carcasses laying around from someone cleaning them and leaving the rest lay around. We cleaned that and a bunch of trash up that night. Went back a few days later or so and the place was full of trash again so we cleaned that up too and left a five gallon bucket so these idiots would throw their garbage away. The next time we went, guess what??? MORE TRASH!!!!! And my bucket was gone. Guess someone needed a bucket?! Too bad I had drilled a few hole in the bottom of it!! lol They probably didnt realize that until later. Oh well, what can you do? Its like fighting an uphill battle. I think they like someone cleaning up after them, or maybe they are just slobs, I dont know.:confused2:

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Fished there many, many times in the last 25 years. May have seen ya once or twice. Caught more catfish there than I count.

7. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I've fished there many times with catmankev,that is terrible that someone would put jugs out there,cutting there lines would be letting them off easy.I think paying a big fine and being banned from the lake would be more apropriate.