Honey Hole Questions

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tarheelbluemark, Sep 1, 2009.

1. tarheelbluemark

tarheelbluemark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a spot that has produce 3 20+ lb fish in a years time and numerous fish in the 10lb range. How often would you fish it and what would cause so many large fish in an area. :eek:oooh:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My guess would be plenty of food snd structure.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i have to agree with mickey

4. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    sounds like you have a healthy body of water there.........

5. tarheelbluemark

tarheelbluemark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have sat there several times for a couple of hours with out a bite. Any ideas why it is great sometimes and just plain relaxing at others?:confused2:

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I dont know why fish hang out in some areas, but I have places I go for blues that have no real attraction. I also have some great spots that only have fish at certain times. To me they move in and out of spots weather or not you fish it or not. I havnt nailed them down but if I ever do:wink:
    in the fall and winter all you can do is move alot or drift until you get on them, then live it up because they will leave in a week or so and you start all over trying to find them again. The people on here with the biggest fish, most got them by spending alot of time looking. I dont spend no more time on my honey hole than any other spot. if they aint there or wont bite I move...maybe come back.
    So I guess I'm saying fish the hole if your catching what you want until they stop. Most of what I'm speaking of is Blues. Channel cats will hang out year round and flatheads will slow down when it gets cooler.

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WAITIN AND FISHIN ARE THE SAME THING RIGHT?

ONE THING IVE NOTICED THAT I USED TO NOT REALLY THINK ABOUT IS THAT FISH ARE MORE "SOCIAL" THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT AND THEY DO TRAVEL AROUND A GOOD BIT.

8. Jman

Jman Member

State:
    NC
    This spring I was fishing lake moltrie with a guide. The bite was real slow. As we were coming up the canal to Hill's landing I asks the guide to point out some good spots on the canal (I took my boat down for night fishing). He gave me the approximate location of a hole to anchor in front of and let the current pull bate into it. I pulled 2- 20lb's, 1-18lb, and 5 other fish between 12 & 15 lb within a 3 hr period. Haven't had the opprotunity to go back but that guide sure new something about where those fish would be. The guy that cleans fish at Hill's told me it was the best catch out of the canal he'd seen in several days. There were a lot of boats out and one party had caught a cooler full of small fish usiing stink bait and moving up and down the canal. There are just some areas that must draw fish better than others is all I can figure. Joel

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like my kinda place