Honey Hole on the Grand River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by KewlBird, Jul 21, 2007.

1. KewlBird

KewlBird New Member

State:
    G.R., Michigan
    Well, I went to the hole today, barely making to it:0a22:=>>>:0a17:....It was myself and my uncle. For about 1 hour we were catching suckers, small mouth/largemouth, rock bass and a little channels:0a23:. After that my uncle got a 1-2lb channel catfish, 45mins later he got a 5.5lb channel :big_smile:. The rest of the night consisted of many more rock bass, smallmouth/largemouth and suckers and a few more small channels:006:. Now, the interesting thing is he was using a small hook (maybe #3-4) and little redworms, and I was using 4/0 and 7/0 hooks with canadian nightcrawlers. He was casting upstream and I was casting downstream. I only caught one little channel, and he caught 4-5 little ones plus the larger ones mentioned. He didn't catch any suckers on his worms and I got 5-6 suckers. Anyne else have more luck with redworms?

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    I just never use worms any more, even when I fish for bait I've gone to wax worms & crickets- no dirt under the fingernails that way...

Isn't it interesting to see how clear the river water is these days? Must be because of no real rain in the last two months...

3. KewlBird

KewlBird New Member

State:
    G.R., Michigan

It's very clear, and it would be nice to get some rain to get that water level up. Drifting down over the shallow areas you can see all the fish scrambling out of the way.