Honey hole #2

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, May 1, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    First fish caught was a 15" striper by me then Robb snagged a 9 pounder and then another one that went 8 pounds . I hooked something huge and lost it probably a big ol cat, it rolled on the surface and splashed like all heck and thru my hook, then Robb hooked another nice 7-8 pounder all in about 4-1/2 hours.

Attached Files:

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Another shot, these were taken in our new spot ( San Jauquin river) we found a few weeks back but a different area, really fast moving current took 2 oz. to keep things on the bottom, fish are very healthy.

Attached Files:

3. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    those are excellent fish bro! great catch!

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thanx Tanner it was Robbs night I was just the net man:cool2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    OK...The spot is a lil hard to get to. I took my shoes off to cross but vini decided to soak his shoes:lol: The current was moving and there is a 10-15 ft ledge and the river begings a bend. Had numerous hard hits. I mean even the bites were powerful. Nini had one on that was bigger than the 3 I caught. Caught em on DK's, Anchovie and liver.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Who's Nini LOL yur a Nini dude:big_smile:

That was fun I feel refreshed this morning not even bothered by the fact I only caught 1 liddle stripper since it was the biggest i've ever caught, God gives me what I pray for ALWAYS but it may not be what I had exactly in mind LOL.

ok off to work wish i had the luxury to boycot :eek:oooh:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey.... Your a nini good netter bro:tounge_out: LOL!!!!!

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    LMBO lots of practice last night we should have named that "Robbs honey hole" lol

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    And oh so deep......:roll_eyes: Good one Vince!!!!1

10. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sounds like you had a bunch of fun that night. i dont understand how to catch those but what do i know. not too much guys :confused2: :lol:

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Its bottom fishing Tracker easy to do,

Tie on a 1-2 oz weight depending on the water on the bottom of you're line and put a couple hooks several feet up and a foot or so apart, stick some bait on the hook cut bait like anchovie or some liver tie it on with thread and chunk it out and wait.

We use bells to alarm us of a bite, let the fish take it good and when the rod starts dancing SET THAT HOOK usually by then they've already hooked themselves anyhow

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    went out yesturday early AM before work:lol: Fished the spot before the spot. caught a stiper that was barely legal:crazy: Had another bigger one on, but those damn circle hooks:angry: Catch of the day was a 5# channel. Fished for 2 hours. Caught them on chovie and liver. That is an awesome spot vini! Fish all over!!!!:big_smile: