homemade shooting sticks!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by stinkbaitman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    heres the shooting sticks that jlingle told me to make. just dowels with a bot washer in between the sticks and nut. painted em black and put soft camo tape on the top to protect the stock. niails in the bottom and cut off with cutter to anchor the stikcs solid. they work real well. thanks jlingle.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks for sharing,I've been toying with making some myself. I'm sure the price was right too.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i made the exact some 1's like 4 yr's ago , they work pretty good i've also used them for turkey hunt'n. i rapped camo ducktape all around them .

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good idea. I'll make me one. Thanks!!

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Those look good think ill make a pair too cheap to buy em lol.

6. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    J did the nearly the same thing. Just I used old broom sticks and used a shoe lace tied really tight. That way if you are sitting down you can slid the shoe lace down to ajust the hieght at which they pivit. It seems to work real good for me.. Also no metal to scratch the gun stock with.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Heck, while you're at it... make more than one pair. I'll usually wind up giving them away nearly everytime I make a set. :eek:oooh:

Glad you liked the idea. It's not original to me, but I can't remember where I saw it the first time.