homemade rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by littlebigman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hey guys i got a 14 foot john boat :roll_eyes:and was wondering if any one has any home made rod holders and how they made them.

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    They make rod holders that clamp on to your john boat and sell for pretty cheap! look at cabelas or bass pro or just google it

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Forrest,
    Use the search feature and also check out the library. All kinds of info there...W

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
  5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    These are made out of 4 inch pvc. with 6 inch 3/8 in. carriage bolts. covered with black nylon tubing. PVC is slotted so they will adjust up or down as well as side to side. Bases are ceiling flanges bought at Lowes. They can be mounted just about anywhere. If you use a round bar for the back you can use split ring pipe hangers for the mounts instead of ceiling flanges. I'm using the split rings on my bow rails. You can get a piece of flat steel, sqaure tubing or even a 2X4 to mount across the back of your boat. Pics are here. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103349&page=3

Got any questions just PM me, I'll be glad to help you out.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Check out our library. You'll find several really good examples. Some require welding, and some don't.