Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
did a search for power poles and found a few sites that sell them and from the pics it looks as if it would be one heck of a project there is a pump, cylinder, mounting crap, and a whole lot of wires think i would just use a length of pvc pipe and tie off to it

·
Registered
955 Posts
did a search for power poles and found a few sites that sell them and from the pics it looks as if it would be one heck of a project there is a pump, cylinder, mounting crap, and a whole lot of wires think i would just use a length of pvc pipe and tie off to it

I wonder if one of those electric/hydraulic actuators could be used to get rid of the pump? Why not just mount one of those small pulleys on the back of the boat? The kind you lift up on the rope to release it, then put it back down to lock it in place.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I think Triton Boat Company was one of the first to introduce power polls on their bass boats. Probably a few other companies now offer them on their rigs. You might google Triton for info.

G

·
I made one out of a old trolling motor deploy mount. The one in particular had a clamp that held the shaft of the trolling motor, 2" diameter, the a 3/8 standard threaded thumb screw that held it tight. Held a piece of PVC pipe perfectly, and you can adjust the height quickly by lossening that knob screw thing. And when ya retracted it, it layed down flat on the deck, really cool. Just had to do it by hand with that rope handle like most trolling motors. The only problem is if you moved around on the boat alot it would slip and would't hold too good. See those power poles are spring loaded to act like a shock absorber so if you walk from the back deck to the front, it will self adjust to the changes in the boat height in the water column, give or pay out to keep you put in one spot, ya know what I mean? Ya need to come up with something that is spring loaded.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It's not power, but this is what I am going to put on my boat. I don't like how the power pole sticks up when not in use. And the price...

Wang Anchor

That wang anchor looks nice, but it aint cheap either. I would think a piece of PVC pipe would be a lot cheaper and easier..... Sharpen one end, put something on the other to give you good leverage for sticking it in, then just make a loop with your bow rope and tie to a cleat. We do something similar with a long dowel rod when duck hunting. Push the dowel into the bottom, tie off to it. I dont like fiberglass poles either, fiberglass in the hands sucks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
the wang anchor is just a 8' fiberglass rod. We use 1/2 in ones that are about 6' long for fence post. Check out your local farm supply store and maybe they can get you in something bigger for less money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.