Homemade pickle recipe

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by bsites9, Jul 31, 2009.

1. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    anybody have a fairly simple pickle recipe? i have a ton of cucumbers i need to do something with. thanks a lot.

2. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    shoot me a email and i will send you a few wife makes great bread and butter dill with hot peppers and a sour pickle you just make the brines drop them in keep in the reg and add to them as you eat bobs bait

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

C'Mon,Share, shoot we all like a new recipe:wink::smile2:

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got one..

2 - 2 1/2 cups of sliced cucumbers about 1/4" thick
    2 1/2 teaspoons pickling salt
    2 sprigs of fresh dill about 6" long(finely chopped) or a tablespoon of dry dill seeds
    2 cloves of garlic(minced)
    1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
    1/2 cup water

Prepare your jars..Put your cucumber slices in a big bowl and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of pickling salt..Toss well and cover in cold water to soak 2-3 hours then drain..Put your dill,garlic and 1 teaspoon of pickling salt..Pack your slices in the jar..Combine water and vinegar and bring to a boil then pour the hot vinegar solution over the cucumbers..Seal your jars and refrigerate for 6 weeks..

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This is the same way I do mine also. However this year I was unable to come up with enough cukes, my brother had a bunch of squash, so I used squash instead, you barely can tell a difference, when you slice them up. The kids are big pickle fans, ate the heck out of them...

6. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Had to edit the recipe to add "in jar"..There was some confusion on that part and I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post..

7. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Just pulled out a jar today thats been in the back of the fridge for 6 weeks and they were the BOMB...I also make spicy pickles by adding cayenne peppers and substituting salt with Toney Chacheries and they came out awesome too..I think the fresh dill makes a big difference..