Homemade mineral lick

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by turtle, Sep 20, 2006.

1. turtle

turtle New Member

State:
    Mo
    Hello everbody i thought i might share this with you.i found it on a web site a few years back and had good results with it. makes 200 lbs. for about $23.00
    Ingredients:
    1-part di-calcium phosphate, this is a dairy feed additive bought at feed stores.comes in 50lb bags at around $11.00 you need one bag.

2-parts trace mineral salt, the red and loose kind without the medications. comes in 50lb bags at around $5.00 you need two bags.

1 part stock salt, ice cream salt. comes in 50lb bags at around $2.00 you need one bag.
    Directions:
    Use a 2# coffee can or 1/2 gallon container and scoop out 1 part di-calcium,2 parts trace mineral,1 part stock salt and mix together.dig or tear up a circle about 36 inches wide and about 6 inches deep mix your mineral with your soil. Replenish in 6 months after that once a year

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    cool thanks for the info. sounds like its a good deal

3. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    thanks i will try that recipe

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    We just get a plain salt brock and set it out:big_smile:

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
    Thanks for the info!

Cutter

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Souinds good but a whole lot easier to just buy the salt blocks. I usually buy one take my old skill saw and cut it in half .Set half in back part of property other half on front half for hunting partner. I hunt the back half. More woods back there.

7. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Here's another recipe a friend shared with me. You need monosoduim glytomate and sugar. Mix the two 4 to 1. 4 pounds monosodium to 1 pound of sugar. It is suppose to make something similiar to "deer Cocane". You take the mixture out and dump into a stump or dig a hole to spread it into. I never use it but I have seen the spot where he has been using it.

Good Luck.

8. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Will have to try that out thanks bro

9. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    yep
    yep yep yep yep