HOMEMADE LINE STRIPPER

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jul 4, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    STUFF YOU NEED

SODA BOTTLE

STURDY NUT AND BOLT

2 1IN FENDER WASHERS ( EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE STOUGHT)

ONE SODA BOTTLE CAP

DRILL THE HOLE IN THE BOTTLE CAP AND PUT THE WASHERS ON BOTH SIDESD OF IT.....TIGHTEN THE BOLT ..... WALLA.... LINE STRIPPER

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Nice idea

I just use my latest old PP spool and insert a old blinds rod into it, then into my cordless drill. Same idea just a different way ; )~

Happy 4th Sleek ; )

-Jim-

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    for the people that recycle line... the bottle is easy because then you squeese it and can peel the line off.....my line goes into the bonfire :smile2:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Great idea thanks.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Here's what I've used for years. Not only does it serve as a line stripper, but helps in spooling reels loaded with expensive braided line backed with mono. There always seems to be a problem on just how much mono to put on the reel before adding the braided--this solves that problem.

Cut two pieces off a broomstick, each about 12" long. Get 4 large nails, say 16p-20p (but other sizes will work). Using a drill bit slightly smaller in diameter than the nails, drill a hole in each end of each dowel. Drive a nail into each hole, leaving an inch or two of the nail sticking out. Cut the head off each nail.
    To strip the line off the reel, put a nail into the chuck of an electric drill and use the drill to wind the line up onto the dowel.
    Wind the braided line onto the reel, attach the mono, and wind on the mono till the reel is filled to your satisfaction. Wind all the line (both mono & braided) onto a dowel. Remove the dowel with the line on it and replace it with the empty dowel. Wind the line onto the second dowel. If you wondered why I had you put a nail into both ends of the dowel, here's why...a helper can hold onto a nail with each hand to let the dowel spin rapidly, or you can 'southern engineer' some way to mount the nails on a holder, much like a paper towel holder. Now when you spool your reel up off the second dowel, the mono will go on first and the braided on top.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I had a spool to unwind so I tied it to the dogs collar and threw a frisbee. Little doggy spooled me. :eek:oooh:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I blew tea thru my nose when i read this Ozzy. I usually use a cordless drill myself.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

:0a24:

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Umm, what species of "dogfish" was it that spooled you? :smile2: