Homemade Ice Cream

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Ghost River, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    We're supposed to bring the homemade ice dream to the 4th of July get together tomorrow evening. I used to have a recipe for a killer cherry ice cream that called for cheerwine soda to be added to the mix.

Has anybody else here got a recipe for homemade ice cream that is a little different than Vanilla or peach but is JUST OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD? If so please share. I need one.

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    One ingredient that I used was Carnation Coffee Creamers, french vanilla:smile2:.

I havent made homemade ice cream in many years nor have I had any. Great post of ideas Colt, thanks for starting it.

3. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream

Ingredients
    2 ½ cups sugar
    1 (6oz) package cherry gelatin
    2 cups boiling water
    4 cups whipping cream
    1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    Directions
    In a bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for 1 hr. or
    Until cool. Stir in the milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice; mix well.
    Fill Cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full; freeze according to
    ManufacturerÂ’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
    Once my cylinder is in place I like to start with a layer of salt, then ice, repeating about 4 times ending with a layer of salt at the top. I then add a small cup of water, pouring it all around cylinder. I then cover sides and top of ice cream bucket with big towels or rugs.
    Crank until you cant. Let it sit for 30 min.
    Carefully remove salt and Ice and clean top of lid. Enjoy Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream

4. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We made chocolate ice cream last Sunday and will be doing it again this Sunday. I have no clue as to who she makes it with but its really good.