Homemade floats

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Vonroc, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Thanks to those that post all the useful information. I've seen several members that have posted how they make their floats. I've taken several ideas from those posts and added my own thouch. You find these containers on the ground just about every place you fish. I simply drill a whole thru the center and use and pump spray tube , swimming pool floats, and some reflection tape , any kind of adhesive. I was skeptical about this tape at first, in the house with a flashlight it didn't seem to reflect- boy was I wrong. Out on the lake with my small little LED headlamp this thing looks like someone turned on a light switch - and if you hit it with a red light you'll be amazed. I got the tape for a $1.53 a box, needless to say I went back and bought the last 8 containers they had on the shelve. I intend to use these for live and cut bait rigs.

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck let me know how it goes.

3. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    wow... with as much chew as i go through i could probably mass produce these guys lol...

nice idea

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Great idea. I have made some myself, with a dowel rod center (http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990624#post990624). I am sure yours will work. Wait until a big catfish takes off with one of those. It is just like that scene from Jaws :big_smile:. The largest catfish I caught on one of mine last year, was over 12 pounds. You should have seen that float pushing water, before it went under :smile2:.

5. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    That is a great idea Weezy, we have used noodles for jugs before but never thought of that use!

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Save some money and cut the tape in half lengthwise. It'll go twice as far and still be seen well.