The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Kansas City, Missouri
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’ve seen a lot of questions about how to keep dough bait on hooks. I tried the following set up, and can tell you this will possibly be the last time you’ll ever need to worry about keeping dough bait on your hook.

Go to the dollar store and buy you a nylon scouring pad. Bring it home and cut the cover off of it and lay it out straight.

Determine what type of hook you want to use, it doesn’t matter treble, circle or what.

Put your length of pad next to your hook to measure how much you will need.

Now just simply push the portion you cut off down over the eye of the hook. Enough for the eye to stick out.

There you have it, the last dough bait hook you’ll ever need, and only a dollar plus what the hook cost. I have had dough bait residue in one I made over a year ago.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
You could probably use some 8lb test and make a slip-bobber knot to attach the scourpad to your hook. Excellent idea.

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
Just be careful to have the scouring pad secured to the hook well. All this stuff having a chance of being ingested by the fish could be a concern as far as the well being of the fish. Since a catfish can swallow mussel, shells and all and pass the actual shells, this material may be the same.

Reactions: BCT
1 - 3 of 3 Posts