Homemade dip bait, and it works

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by grizzly, Jul 4, 2007.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Tried my new dip bait yesterday and wow. Went to a neighbors pond and caught 6 channels pretty quick. Take 1 tub [20oz] chicken livers and juice them in blender, mix with 2 BOXES unflavored gelatin and enough flour to get desired consistency. I used it with Docs dip worms and had a ball. The pond I fished belongs to a friend who feeds the fish daily. The fish normally bite real slow because they're never hungry, but they seemed to like my liver dip. The fish are so full of fish food every time you handle one it poops what looks like wet dog food. Try this, I think you'll like it. grizzly

2. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for a great idea! I'm gonna try it out this weekend. The bite at me usual lake has slowwed a lot. Hope this picks it up! I'll let you know.

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    okay i am not familier with this word, is like cereal?

4. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    First off to me it sounds like it would work, Anything to keep liver on the hook better has to work. As for the unflavored gelatin, you get it in the canning section of any grocery store. It just kinda makes a jelly out of whatever you put in it.

Jerred

5. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Mikey, its jello with out any flavor. Could be in the canning or jello section too.

6. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    thanks guys, should have known, we should all say unflavored J-E-L-L-O so some of slow people could get it lol:smile2:

7. Catfishing=Fun

Catfishing=Fun New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey thanks for the recipe, i am going to have to try it out this weekend.

8. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    "Knox" is a major brand of unflavored gellatin. Sounds like a good recipe, I'll have to give it a try sometime.