Homemade catfishing baits - Hello all

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by indyjimmie, Mar 5, 2007.

1. indyjimmie

indyjimmie New Member

State:
    indiana
    looking 4 the best home made catfish bait can any1 tell me plzzs:cool2:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC family youll love it here , there are a ton of bait recipes on this forum as well as the library.look in the upper left corner . then click on 'library'

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Best/cheapest bait I have found and can be made in minutes.

Peanut Butter doughball - take a couple slices of ordinary white bread and smear PB on each slice (not to much) then turn on the cold water in the sink,wad the PB and bread in your hand mixing them thoroughly just stick your hands under the running water to moisten the "doughball" not to much.Once you get the dough sticking together take your finger and poke a small dent into it and pour some Vanilla extract into the depression and mix it once again with your hands.

This is a bait I have used a million times since I was about 5 yrs old made by my mother.I have used Anise Oil in place of Vanilla with mixed results also have added a touch of garlic salt once again with sometimes great results.

I have found the Vanilla to be the best.Also imitation Vanilla doesnt work nearly as good as pure Vanilla.

I have caught many many channels,freshwater drum/perch,carp on this bait I am sure it may likely catch blues but they just arnt real abundant here.

4. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Looks like your fishing down town INDY off white river cut by washington st.

5. indyjimmie

indyjimmie New Member

State:
    indiana
    yes i am were do you fish?

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Mo.

7. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome.... :big_smile:

Nothing is better for catching catfish than their natural food... in Oklahoma it shad.

There are a ton of recipes.... Try this... make a thick goo out of bread dough, peanut butter, ground up cheap dog food or dry pig feed, groud up Shad or bait fish and stick in a jar. Leave the lid loose for expanding gasses to escape and bury it in the yard for 2 weeks.

You'll have a NASTY stick bait!!!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jimmie Welcome to the BOC. Check out the BOC. library for receipts. It would take years to try all of the ideas out. Good Luck on your search.