Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 60 years ago, my Grandfather taught us how to make carp bait…we were taught to use very ripe bananas, strawberry Kool Aid, and Wheaties, …crush the Wheaties up in a bowl, add one package of strawberry Kool Aid to the crushed Wheaties, and add enough ripe bananas to make the dough the consistency needed to hold as a dough ball. Hope someone finds this helpful.

· Registered
440 Posts
I’m not very knowledgeable regarding carp baits. I keep threatening to take up carp fishing in a more serious way but really only dabble in it. I used to take my boy a lot when he was small because I don’t think there’s a better way for a new angler to learn how to handle big powerful fish than carping. We had some great times and caught a lot of big 10+ pound fish. We always used sweet corn on a #4 owner mosquito hook and as little weight as possible.
On one of these trips I met a polish gentleman who was also fishing carp. He was using weaties and peanut butter and what I’ve come to know, I think as a method feeder? He claimed the mixture held up well in current and that the carp loved it. I never have given it a try.
At any rate he was a real advocate for the stuff. Maybe this year I’ll take the leap and buy some real carp gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts