Homemade bank rodholder

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by buzz crackstock, Apr 28, 2006.

1. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    Here are a couple pics of rod holders I made last year with an idea I got from the BOC. They work great. Used 5/8 dowel from rural king and little screw in U-shaped hangers from wal-mart. Sharpened one end to a rounded point with a dremel and drilled a hole just small enough in the other end for the threads to get a good bite but still be screwed in and out by hand. I carry a 2lb hammer to put them in the ground if it is too hard to just push in. I just unscrew the U-hanger and hammer it in at an angle away from where my bait will be. Then just screw the hanger back in and fish.
    View attachment 8355

View attachment 8356

2. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    Lokks very simple & mobil :0a24:

3. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That;s some easy rod holders to make. I should of thought of that. :0a24:

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thats a great idea and will save me time looking for a suitable branch. Thanks for sharing.

5. rmokti2005

rmokti2005 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    that looks good...

6. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    that looks really nice may have to borrow that idea next time i go bank fishing. do you ever have a problem with the rod getting yanked out?

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I made some holders almost identical to those. The only variance is that I used 5/16 stainless allthread rod and little hose clamps to mount the U tool holder to the rod. Then I used electrical tape to tape up the clamps so as not to have any sharp edges. They push right into the ground. I suppose that a big fish could pull a rod out but I keep the bait clickers on to prevent that.

whateever it takes

Cheez