Homemade anchor

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by wayne1967, Mar 20, 2008.

1. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For those of you that have a scrap pile at work :big_smile:[​IMG] and welder.

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I use a 25 pound barbell weight. I put an eye bolt through it with washers and a lock nut on it. Tie to as much rope as you need, and there you go.
    Usually don't have a problem with the boat moving even in current.

3. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    For those without a welder, I've used a coffee can, concrete, rebar, and some chain. 3 18" pieces of rebar through the bottom to give it a six point grab. Suspend the chain in the center of the coffee can by tying it off to something, then fill the can with concrete. It ends up weighing around 15-20 lbs. just tie a rope or something to chain that's left over, and you're good to go.

Sorry, i've got no pics of it, or I'd show you. it's been a long time since i've fished from a boat.

4. LUNKERCAT

LUNKERCAT New Member

State:
    north dakota
    ANOTHER VERSION OF THE COFFEE CAN ANCHOR IS TO ACQUIRE A ROUND OF SQUARE PIECE OF HOLLOW STEEL ABOUT 5-6 INCHES ACROSS AND ABOUT 14-16 INCHES TALL. BLOCK ONE END WITH DUCT TAPE TO SEAL IT AND POUR MIXED UP CONCRETE INTO THE OTHER END. A STAINLESS STEEL EYE-BOLT WITH A LARGE NUT ON THE END IS PLACED INTO THE CONCRETE BEFORE IT HARDENS. A CHAIN CAN BE ATTACHED/DETATCHED FROM THE EYE BOLT FOR EASIER STORAGE. ONCE DRY, 6-8 INCH REBAR OR SMALL GUAGE STEEL PIECES CAN BE WELDED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE THE ANCHOR. THE SMALLER THE GUAGE THE EASIER IT IS TO BEND OUT IF HUNG UP. WEIGHS ABOUT 15-25 LBS DEPENDING ON SIZE OF HOLLOW STEEL USED.