Homemade 30ft. Baitfish/Landing net

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by daystarchis, Nov 22, 2005.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Have you ever fished on a bridge and landed a nice cat, but can not get the kitty up due to line or pole breakage?

Have you been netting shad and the school swims out 20 feet and out of reach?

Me and another BOC brother (Vini) came across these problems numerous times this year. My solution:

I had an extra pool pole and deep leaf net that I had no use for. I drilled 2 holes into my net where the 2 holes on the telescoping pool pole. I inserted 2 screws with wing nuts. It fits easily in my boat or truck and extends 30 ft. We can scoop up those shad with the leaf net and very quickly take it off to insert the landing net. I will take pictures of the net this weekend when I am out fishing.

Robb

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    good idea ....here is what we do for fishing off bridges we took a used 4 foot hoop net cut the webbing off the top loop(leaveing the loops around the ring)then we went above the 2nd ring cut the loops off of it threaded nylon through the loops so it closes then took 4 lenghts of 1/4 inch nylon tied to the loop to form a a one point hook at the top (from the wire hoop) tied it off put a large snap hook the 50 foot of rope to the snap to pull up the fish (note if useing this way lower down in the water below surface lead the fish into the center then lift the net) I hope this helps