Home Made Salsa

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by ozzy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I learned this recipe from a lunch truck that comes by my work. I took 2 3 oz. bags of dry Chile De Arbol chilies, break off the stem and break in half and twist to get out the seeds, don't worry if you get some seeds. I put these in my dutch oven with a whole head of garlic, ya dont need to chop the garlic whole cloves are fine also about 4 tablespoons of kosher salt. Just barely cover with water and let simmer for about an hour. On the side chop up a onion white or sweet and a good amount of cilantro. Put this mixture in the blender and add enough tomato juice to blend it. Put this in a bowl. Now take the chili mixture and blend it also, let cool and add to the onion cilantro and mix together. Adjust salt to taste. This stuff rocks. :cool2:

Attached Files:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I used to bite on these chilis whenever I was on the road and feeling sleepy. Woke me up pretty good:crazy::smile2:.

3. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    mmm mmm sounds great,I'm going shopping! Thanks Ozzy for the recipe.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Ozz...Those chilis look like regular cayennes. Can you confirm or deny this? Just wondering because when I have an abundance of them, I'm always looking for things to use them in. This sounds good.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Oz, sounds good. Glad I just got my nexium refilled...:smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Matt, there not as hot as Cayenne's. These make a great salsa. I just went from the recipe off the lunch truck. I already have my own modified version in the works. :wink: