Home Made Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by bmaultbay, Apr 8, 2006.

1. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Hoping some one may be able to steer me in the right direction for some home made rod holders for my boat.

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Check the library, there are quite a few different ideas there for rod holders.

I have been checking them out for my boat

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If you come up with something different then what is in the library or build on one of those designs post it here. We are always looking for more library articles.

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    :) I have researched the library, some good ideas in there, I will probably piece some ideas of several of them together, whatever I come up with I will post in the library.

5. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i made mine out of the wire thing inside an election sign i bent it into an "M" shabe u stick it into the ground when u fish off of the bank

it works well

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's some bank rod holders that I made and have used them in the front of my dad's boat before. They're easy to make and come apart in 6 pieces for easy carry and/or storage.

Attached Files:

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Is this just regular pvc painted green?

8. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Sold my boat last year. Found these pics. Rodholders are welded stainless steel tubing. The rod butt fits into a foam sleeve bonded into the larger tube, and is secured with velcro. The channel is from an aluminum handrail, and is mounted to the engine cover. The rodholder bases are machined aluminum, and allow vertical and horizontal angualr adjustment. Pics show 4 rodholders mounted, but actually made 6. Sadly, I let these go with the boat. Boy, I miss it.

Attached Files:

9. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    last pic of rodholders

Attached Files:

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's the thicker walled 3/4" PVC that I painted green, also built one for my son that's blue!

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Very nice, I bet you do miss em!:crying:

12. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    ramrod,

looks like a sturdy design. Do you have this as an article in the library? I looked but couldn't find it. Seems pretty simple, but i can't figure out what those pieces that the rods rest in at the top are.

13. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I've been using 3" pvc pipe I just got the bottom at an angle so I can dig it in. Very cheap and inexpensive so I don't really care if I forget it behind. For a few bucks you can get a few holders.

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are your simple tee that I cut out with a scroll saw.

15. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL

Ramrod,

I copied your design and built a rod holder for myself last night. I took it down to the lake today, and gave it a test run. They worked out great. Rep points to you.

Thanks,

Alan