Home Made Potato Chips

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by kennylee, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Anybody have any tips for making home-made potato chips?

I tried to make some with the last batch of fish I cooked up and only half turned out crispy and the rest were just plain grease soaked.

Thanks,

Kennylee

fish on, got to gooooooooo

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    To get those chip crispy just turn up the heat and dont put in to many at a time.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey, I havent ever made any potato chips, sounds like it would be some good stuff, to eat with a good mess of fryed fish, I'll probably try make some in a couple days hopefully they will come out right.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Slice em thin!!!!!!!!!

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Get that heat up where i starts to smoke a little and only put a few at a time in there. Let that heat build up between batches.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I use a GOOD knife! SHARP! SHARP! SHARP! and cut the slices paper thin. Make sure the grease is good and hot. 400 degrees if you have a deep fryer. I drop them in instead of lowering the basket so they don't stick together. Salt them up after draining! YUMMY! Crispy good!

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Kenny, these fellers know what they're talkin' about! All of the advice you've been given on this thread so far is right on the money.

I just wish the cooks in the restaurants around here could talk to 'em, maybe they could do a better job with the chips! :smile2:

8. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    POTATO PEELER makes them thin...i wash my tatters and leave on the skin then peel with a peeler ...keep the peels for CHIPS...Then cube the rest and fry in castiron skillet with some onions season salt and cheyene pepper....MMMM MMMMM