Home/Garage Rod Holder

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by catman73, Oct 28, 2007.

1. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I thought that I would post some pics of a little something that I built in the garage today. I was at an auction and saw something kind of like it, so I came home with an idea of how to make it work for me in my garage. It was easy to make and only took a little while with a saw and some PVC pipe.

I used Ts for the bottom that the rods go in. They are for 1 inch pipe. I made mine to hold 16 rods since that is about what I currently have. I started out by making the base. I used 18 1 inch Ts, 6 1inch elbows, and I bought 2 10 foot sticks of 1 inch PVC. 2 of the Ts were for the upright parts. The rest were for the rods to go in. Then I used the elbows for the corners. I didnt glue it together yet and I am not sure that I will that way that I can add to it if I need to, or change it later as I try new things. It seems to fit together real well without glue. The screws on the top was all I could think of to use that I had in the garage. I would have rather used something that had smooth sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pics that are of it empty to show what it looks like. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]