Home from Surgery

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by john catfish young, Oct 22, 2008.

1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well....thanks to everyone for all the prayers!!! I had my surgery on the 20 th and now I'm back home with a 10 " cut and 30 stiches. The doctor said after he got in there and took a look, there was a little more to do than first thought. There was much scar tissue and mess from the first surgery in 1990. There was no disc left at all between 2 of the vertebraes and this is where the nerves were getting pinched, leading to all the pain and numbness. I now have screws holding the spine de-compressed and hopefully with time, the pain will stop or at least ease up some. So it looks as though I may miss most of the fall Flatheaden' and some winter time bluecatten'.....so somebody catch a " BIGGUN ". Thanks john:sad2:

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Welcome back brother been praying!!!! And dont worry those katty sharks will be waiting for you! god bless!

3. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Hey John! Been wondering how you were. I know I'm new, but I've been keeping track! :smile2:

I know back pain all too well, but I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. It must be horrendous.:sad2: Glad the surgery went well, and you are ok (except for the pain). Thank you for checking in and letting us know.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Glad to hear that you are back home atleast and they were able to atleast make some progress and provide possible relief in the future!

I shattered my ankle back in February and know what surgery and pain can be like even though it isn't the same. Best advice I can offer is to LISTEN to what the doctors are saying... I tried to do more then they said I could and I paid for it, sometimes a week at a time!!!

Good luck and God Bless Brother

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John glad to hear your home and recovering. You will remain on our prayer list.

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Glad to hear your surgery went well and I`m wishin` you a speedy recovery.

7. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey John, I did'nt even know about your surgery until now. I'm glad you're back home and hope you are doing ok. My girlfriend had to have back surgery a little over a year ago. It was no fun for her either. She is fine now and hopefully you will get to feeling better soon. I'll try to catch a big flattie for ya'. Get well soon brother! Paul

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    John,
    Prayers for a fast recovery and healing

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to hear the surgery was a success and your back home mending.Just do as the doctor says and don't try to over do it .(Like most people do:roll_eyes: !!)

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad you are back and we been missing you!!!:big_smile:

11. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    I got up this morning and made a fresh pot of coffee.....then I made breakfast. I am able to walk around the house and do little things which sometimes we take for granted. I am thankful for all the prayers and hope to be back after some of our whiskered freinds very soon. Lets catch some bigguns........thanks again to all my friends on the " BOC ". They tell me that hard sudden jerks should be avoided so I am considering switching over to circle hooks and just reeling them in. I sure will miss not getting to set the hook, but I guess it is for the best right now anyway.:smile2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    John I'm glad it all went well for ya. With a lot of prayers and a little good luck you will be back out fishing pain free . I understand how bad constant pain is , its a hard way to live . Good luck,,, I'll still send my prayers for a complete recovery.

13. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Just a little up date on my recovery. I am up and moving around better now and I have been playing chef of the house. The other day I made a big Beef roast with Potatoes and carrotts with vidalia onion and brown gravy mix. Last night I made a big Meat loaf with Mashed Potatoes and green beans. My wife has been impressed. I hope that I haven't messed up now!!!!! My back is healing up and the nerve pain in my legs seems to be decreasing slowly. Hopefully I will be able to do a little fishing before too much longer. Thanks for all your Prayers and thoughts!!!!!:wink:

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    John, I'm glad you are doing better.

As soon as my gizzards quit hurting, I'm ready to take a drive back down. Heck gas prices have dropped, you are only about a 60 dollar trip now. LOL

Maybe we will be ready about the same time.

15. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Glad everything is going better for you.Now she knows you can cook you will being doing Thanksgiving dinner.

16. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey John, Dew has a point. LOL

17. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    I usually try to pitch in and help with some of the feasts ' preparations. Its a big job when you cook as much stuff as we do. Hey that gives me an idea for a new thread. I havent started one in a while...be on the look out ya'll.:smile2: