Home Defense Gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Poppa, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have several guns I am not going to list them because Obama might be
    listening but I was not really happy with them in a home defense roll. I
    wanted it to be completely safe and not to complicated to be fully loaded.
    Something that could be loaded in the dark by a scared woman if she had
    to but was completely safe around children propped in the corner of my
    closet. What I came up with was a Stoeger stagecoach double barrel 12.
    I put a stock shell holder that holds 5 high brass no.4s. You pick up the
    gun and you have your shells and you can be loaded in 5 seconds. You
    don't have to look for a key or bullets or have a loaded gun where little
    hands might find it. It has 20" barrels imp/imp. and handles well. I keep
    everything else unloaded and locked up.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I pray the day never comes i need it but there is a 870 with a 21' barrel sitting against the head of my bed. All our kids are grown and i keep it loaded (in magazine). I keep it loaded with shot because i don't want to shoot thru a wall and kill a neighbor. Like i said i pray the need to ever use it, never comes.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC

I have a Stoeger Coachgun with the English Stock but its loaded. Its usually just to two of us and the 9 dachshunds(they can pull the trigger). Its where she can get to it quickly from the stove/sink. Its loaded with Remington 000 Buckshot.

4. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    When my daughter was younger it was a semi auto 45, either a 1911 style or my Ruger 90, with out one in the chamber. She was not strong enough to pull the slide to chamber a round. Now at 9yo she knows how to handle and shoot a weapon and I have my 12 gauge Mossberg by the bed with a #6, 00Buck, #6, slug. In that order so I am ready for a wild, dog, to what ever I need by jacking the slide.
    If I were around alot of other children, I would use the double without a doubt, and if possible external hammers. That way loading it still will not get it to shoot.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I keep a 20 gage with 3/0 buckshot. 2 in the magazine, no kids here. Hope I never have to use it.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a Stevens 12 ga. double rig the same way for my home defence. I pray I never have to use it.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hard to beat any 12 gauge pump shotgun for home defense. If on a budget, the Mossburg 500 series in 3 inch mag should suffice for any defense needs.
    Bill in SC

8. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I'm like CountryHart, Rem 870 12 gauge by the bed.

No round chambered but 4 in the pipe. Starts with 6's and works down to steel #2's.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    870 with a full magazine. I'm counting on the sound of the pump being racked to resolve things. After that, the only things I'm prayin' for are steady hands, and a killing shot.

10. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I am proficient with any kind of firearm. I live in the woods so killing a neighbor with stray bullets or shot is not an issue. I still like the pistol grip 20 guage Mossberg Defender for in the house protection. #6 high brass, full mag and empty chamber readily accessible. In the distance of the rooms in my house this load will stop any attacker and my wife can handle it as well. Of course an intruder would have to get past two Rottweiler/St. Bernard yard dogs and a state of the art electronic security system first. No surprise home invasions at my house!:wink:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a Ruger P85 9mm and a Mossberg 12 ga always loaded and ready for quick access. Been thinking about getting me one of the reloadable tasers lately...anybody have one?? Think that may be a good first option before i put a hole in someone and have to defend myself. I'll just taser them and beat the ever lovin crap out of them before the can recover...lol :wink:

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Mike, NO, NO, They will sue you. :wink: A 1 sided conversation is best.

13. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Dead men tell no lies. Scrap the tazer idea.

14. PRKRANGER2

PRKRANGER2 New Member

State:
    Chattanooga TN HBSP
    AR-15 with and EOTECH attached.

15. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I've got my Glock with my TL1 attached, and a Remington 870 Exspress Magnum, with a streamlight Tac light in the fore end loaded with 00 buck.

16. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    GLOCK 22 WITH A GLOCK 35 BARREL , 12 GA PUMP BUCKSHOT, I DONT HAVE FOLKS AROUND ME, SO THE BUCKSHOT IS COOL!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser, 00 buck.

18. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Benelli m-2 24" barrel 3" mag 00 buck open choke.... can't miss

19. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    If they get by my 5 labs then I have a 357 loaded with 38 so I dont kill someone in another room.

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I'm wanting to get a semi-auto 20 ga with sawed off barrel (its legal in KS). If it wasn't legal to saw off the barrel I would get a youth model for the shorter length, and my wifes not very big.