Home brew

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Memphis_Catfish_King, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    was trying see if anyone like a hombrew section i have seen few that are doing it..i my self brew wine have bin past 3 years..

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would love to be the official taste tester of the New Brew section. Let me know when you need my address. LMAO

It would be great to read, may get into it some day.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hey, Hey!!! That stuff has too many empty calories - stick to the plan!

4. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'd be interested. I brew too, and I'm just up the road.

5. Memphis_Catfish_King

State:
    Memphis,TN
    come on lets here from the homebrew ppl that are in the boc iv seen 4 or 5 of yea

6. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I have been brewing for 8 years. Can't beat a good homebrew stout!:big_smile:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

my father inlaw makes beer wine and shine. he even sells the wine to a few local stores its called "Frog Hole Hill". The beer and shine is for his local VFW free for the veterens and not for sale to anyone else.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Pat, I am just trying to help out BOC brothers. :big_smile:

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I never made home brew from scrach I always used a store bought malt but I ain't brewed any beer in 2-3 years cause they stoped making the malt I was using.That really messed up my brewery cause I had a good beer and I have all the gear to have my brew on draft.:sad2:

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

How freaking cool is that. You make your own beer:big_smile: Oh the possibilities. Actually my uncle, who is as redneck as they come use to make rubarb wine. It was pretty good.

SudDawg

11. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i make my own beer too i have been doing it for years I have a keg system and every thing. Its like the beer u buy in store no yeast in the bottom pour straight from my tap to glass ice cold ill post picks if you guy wanna see my setup

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Please, I want to see this setup PeZ. This could be a really good hobby to get into. :big_smile:

SudDawg

13. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ill post a new pst tommarow with pic on my setup im to tired to do it tonight

14. Memphis_Catfish_King

State:
    Memphis,TN
    would love see ur set up...bin thinking bout geting a keg setup

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have been making homade wine for about 17 years now. Cherry & blackberry in fruit. Vignoles, catawba and concord in grapes. Also have tried a few strawberry, peach, currant & watermellon over the years, but not consistantly.
    Overall, my best was a few special years of cherry. Also, the white Vignoles has had a few good years and Catawba is consistantly good 4 out of 5 years.

The last few years have not been kind in every kind I have tried. The only thing I can think of is that I have been overthinking the proccess. Time to get back to the basics and let nature run it's course.

At any given time I have 14 five gallon carboys going. I usually let them go about a year or so before bottling. Once bottled, the whites are drank or given away within 2 years and the reds are gone within 4 years.

Later this week, I'll post some pic's of my cellar.

16. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Man that sounds awesome. What's the basic setup? How much $$$ are we talking about? More info please guys.

17. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    I used to work with these guys, one brewed his own beer (very good when it was cold) one made his own wine (very good, kinda strong) and one made his own shine (would peel the paint off the walls!!). Now that I think about it, I kinda miss the old job.:crazy:

18. ShieldMan

ShieldMan New Member

State:
    florida
    I've been thinking about some hobby home brewing myself. Does anybody know what the start up cost is? How much room does it take up? And, does it have any odor issues ie: can you brew in your home?

19. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    I homebrew alittle bit. My parents own a smoothie/homebrew/winemaking shop in my town and they do ALOT of brewing stuff:eek:oooh:

20. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I must say, Kutters wine is goooooooooooooooood stuff!!