Home bait tank filter question

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by buckmaster27012, May 31, 2009.

1. buckmaster27012

buckmaster27012 Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've got a 200 gallon tank I keep goldfish and sunfish in to use for catfish bait. I've got two aquarium pumps in it that each have 2 air stones on them. Fish sometimes start to die on me and I dont know if its from ammonia or what in the water. Already use Better Bait and keep aquarium salt in the water, but was wondering should I get some kind of filter systems for it? Am fixing to order some of the U2 pro formula and try that. Does anybody have any suggestions on what they got they made? I dont think the ones you can buy for aquariums are big enough to work because I normally keep about 150 gallons of water in it. Anybody got any pics? Thanks in advance.

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith

3. buckmaster27012

buckmaster27012 Member

State:
    Virginia
    Just another note d/k if just the chemical in the water would be better or some type of carbon filter? Just want some comments on it and see what everybody has. HATE LOSING BAIT!!!!

4. jweber81

jweber81 New Member

State:
    nevada,missouri
    i kept about 300 perch in my old deep freeze i converted into a bait tank for a week and a half before i headed to the lake. what i did was change the water in it every other day it worked pretty good i didnt have a filter system set up on it never lost one perch.

Attached Files: