Home again ! - Deer Camp

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Nov 19, 2006.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Went to deer camp a week ago Friday, season opened that Sat. broke camp and got home this Sat. We went to a new lease about 70 miles from here and spent most of this week just feel'n it out, saw lots of deer, turkeys and squirrels, didn't kill anything, but didn't hunt that hard either, this year, for our bunch, it was more about get'n away, sleep'n a lot, BS'n and eat'n really great. On all those points it was a big success. Now that we're all back home we'll probably start get'n more serious about hunt'n.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/06deercamp1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/06deercamp8.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/06deercamp4a.jpg

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sam,

Looks like a great time as evident by the photo(s)!

Was that Pabst Blue Ribbon everyone was drinking? Havent seen that beer in -------? :wink:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey sam looks like yal got the camp setup pretty good but i didnt see no meat pole.:big_smile:

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Didn't need one, we never let hunt'n get in the way of have'n a great deer camp.

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Sweet lookin setup for sure, makes me wanna go back to the woods now that i've showered. lol

Joe

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    What a sorry looking bunch of guys having more fun than should be allowed. I volunteer to chop wood for you next year for an invite.:big_smile:

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great looking camp! More states should make it mandatory to wear blaze orange while drinking barley pops!

8. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Looks like they are sitting around a still......... Looks like a great camp. Is it right neart that lake? ....... Great setup....

9. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Makes it easy to find'em when they wander off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like they are sitting around a still......... Looks like a great camp. Is it right neart that lake? .......

Camp is about a 1/2 mile from lake Nimrod. Took my boat, but the weather turned bad by Tuesday and it rained all day then turned cold.

10. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    nice camp ya got there reminds me of camping in the mountains in colorado them tents are awsome did you have a wood stove inside

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Yep, wood stove in the tent and a propane cook stove, too, but central heat in the two campers we slept in, showers in them are nice too, we didn't rough it very much, the tent was for cooking, eat'n and poker.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/06deercamp2.jpg

12. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    looks like a great time it is nice to get out an away from all the stress of life an kick back an have a good time with all your friends thanks for sharing

13. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ah jeeze you fellers are spoiled rotten

14. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    That looks like a great setup! Friends, family and fun is what hunting is all about. Good show!

15. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great looking deer camp Sam. If you didn't do any hunting I would say you has success.