home after milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duane kingsbury, May 31, 2009.

1. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    what a great week!! started off tuesday nite with a little rain, but it didn't dampen the enthusiasm of our group of catfishermen. Wednesday was kind of chilly but we were out in the boats most of the day. no one limit out but we were catching some in the coves where the mud had push up against the bank. Thursday we went on up to Wakefield and used the dock there and concentrated on the causeway with bobbers and about 18 inches of line with shrimp casting within 2 to 6 feet from the shore. We did pretty well with that method and continued thru saturday catching our limits most every day. It was alittle to calm, we could sure have used some more breeze. Ironic when you ask for more wind in kansas:smile2: Well I am home safe and tried, well worth it. Saturday when we were leaving School creek where we were staying seven police cars came in all together and drove thur camp B. As we were further out on the entrance road there was another police car parked at the entrance. further up the road where the OVR park, there was another. Must have been someone they wanted pretty bad. :cool2: I did get to talk to Jim for alittle while but never hooked up with Jay. I hope everyone had a great week. See everyone soon Duane:big_smile:

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Sounds like you had a great time Duane. I never made it down to school creek. Had to drop off the nephew and pick up Larry, then drop Larry off before dark. I called Jim to get your number after that Saturday to see if you wanted to do a little night fishing. He said you had planned on leaving Saturday afternoon, so I missed ya :sad2:. Wish I could have taken you out Saturday night, I got into them so good it was ridiculous.

3. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    darn jay, I wish that you would have called, I got back to camp about 830 from fishing the causeway and I didn't leave for home until sunday morning. I would have loved fishing with you saturday nite. O well maybe we will get a chance soon. duane

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I was on the water in that area when you were then. :sad2:

5. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    I pm my number jay see ya later. duane

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member