Holy Moly Pop Pop does it again!!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Nov 13, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I dont know that I've ever met anybody that is as lucky as this man before.I must say that it couldnt happen to a nicer fella though.

We where driftin along and one of the rods on his side of the boat got hung and broke off.Seein is how its my rods and boat, I take the rod up to the front of the boat to re rig it.I get up to the front of the boat and no sooner then I turn around a rod on my side goes down hard.I was on my way to get the rod and seen that Pop Pop was in mid stride toward it.Instead of having 280 lbs of cat smacker runnin me down I said you just get it and got out of his way.Let me tell ya, you aint never seen a big man move as fast as Pop Pop does when a rod goes down.:smile2:

After a good battle of thinking we had a 25 to 30 lb flathead, a sumo channel rises to the surface.He weighed 15.10 lbs, it was a beautiful fish and Pop Pop's new pb channel.The picture was took with a cell phone so the quality aint to good.We where joking about since we left the camera at home that a new pb would fall today and sure enough it did.:big_smile:

This will be the last story and report that we give for a while.Theres been some harrassing e-mails and phone calls to me, Bruce, Pop Pop, and Foothills.We where just tryin to have a little fun and livein up the SC board but some people just dont seem to like it when other people have fun.Until things die down a little we will keep our mouths shut.:cool2:It seems some people dont like the words Lake X so there will be no more talk about that either.Theres a few out there that know who they are.

We aint goin nowhere though we will still be here tryin to help everybody lay the smackdown on the kitty cats.:wink: Thats what the BOC is all about is helpin one another not slander and harrassment on one another.

Attached Files:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new PB channel cat. Sorry to here about the harrasment, but you know the old saying theres at least one in every crowd. Don't let it bother you and just keep on posting and cutting up. Come to think of it i,ve been wondering where lake X is :wink::eek:oooh::smile2:.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Chris I hate to hear that and want you to know I have enjoyed the Lake X stories. I log on everyday wondeing what yall have put in the boat and where the lake is. I think that is great that you have found this wonderful catfishery lake and you are CPRing all of those huge fish. Dont stop posting.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    ole pop pop sure does have it goin on,i hope he is buying a few lottery tickets,might need to pool our money together and send him to vegas to lay the smackdown out that way,good going pop pop and thanks for the reports guys,some of us do respect what youre doing and appreciate and enjoy all your post,i know it keeps me mighty interested just to visit the site everyday and see who is laying the smackdown next,i just wish i had more time to fish and get in on some of that action,i guess its the next best thing though,reading and sharing of others good fortune,thanks guys:wink:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    This will be the last story and report that we give for a while.Theres been some harrassing e-mails and phone calls to me, Bruce, Pop Pop, and Foothills.We where just tryin to have a little fun and livein up the SC board but some people just dont seem to like it when other people have fun.Until things die down a little we will keep our mouths shut.:cool2:It seems some people dont like the words Lake X so there will be no more talk about that either.Theres a few out there that know who they are.

Hey I know the EXACT feeling. Keep it up guys, you always post pics of good fish.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Pop Pop where can i buy one of those golden horse shoes at man u been havin a ball with all these pb I hope it continues. I love the lake x stories all that smackdowning going on makes me look at the computer alot more. I hopr the IASY stories will still go on cuse that S*** is just funny.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I have had the pleasure of going fishing with and getting to know Chris, and Pop Pop, and meeting Marty once in the wee hours of the morning at Monticello. They are the nicest people anyone could hope to meet. When I met Chris, I didn't know didley about catfishin, and he has helped me out tremendously. I know that he helps out lots of people, and is very unselfish with his knowledge. Pop Pop too. I look forward to their posts, as I'm sure others do as well, and am totally bummed & pi$$ed that we have to be punished due to the actions of others. :angry:

8. helisbad

helisbad New Member

State:
    Darlington,SC
    hey guy's i just found LAKE X on the map...it's in...oh wait,i've got another bite...get the rod bill,it's going in...oh shoot...bill is going in...got to go...BILL WHERE"S THE NET???

9. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I sure hate to hear about somebody whining about Lake X......I got to where i looked fwd. to logging on and seeing some of yalls big fish pictures !!! You guys need to take Lake X deep undercover and use secret code........you know....alpha/alpha.......november......charlie.......89lb flathead....thick sliced bologna on a circle hook........Lost Lake.....tango. Keep those pictures coming guys !!!

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish Chris and Pop. I hope to hear from you sooner than later. Your posts are informative as well as entertaining. I can appreciate and understand discretion about your fishing locations, there is nothing wrong with that. Keep on having fun and when you are ready-- share with us again. Great job guys!

11. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish. I am sorry you'll feel the need to stop writing for I have really enjoyed the stories and have been waiting for day when Lake X would be revealed. The selfless sharing of your expertise in cat fishing has been a help and encouragement to me. I regret there are those so petty as to harass those who were just having a good time.
    I respect your need but will be looking forward to reports in the future. Thanks for the stories up to now.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    dont worry about the smack their talking. Their just jelous that pop pop stepped in a pile and want to know where it is so they can step in it too.:wink:

Congratulations again and tight lines!

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Very nice fish there, keep them coming.

14. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Doug is unstoppable!!! Congrats! If you guys will not tell your fishing stories about Lake X will you at least make something up about the retaining pond in front of Wal-Mart. I can see it now, " Doug has done it again! Drifting in 8 inches of grass Doug catches state record field rat on vanilla wafer and circle hook!"

15. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I retracted my comment.

16. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    First off another big congratz to pop pop and team smack down !!!!

Second,,, I'm truly sorry that this situation has come up. Its a real shame that you guys have to lay low. I've really enjoyed watching the posts and pics. I admit I get jealous at times but I don't believe I'm alone.....hey I'm just being honest. I had just talked to another member how we weren't getting anything and you guys were. We both agreed that our day will come and we weren't going to give up. Being a little jealous and getting made about it is just plain childish !!!

Guys, I hope this blows over soon, better yet I hope that the people responsible for this situation realize that they have acted in a unbrotherly fashion. -JimmyJonny-

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya make it sound like lake X is a big deal. Its between lakes W and Y. LOL! Nice fish! Thanx for sharein.

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    very nice fish .....congrats fellas

19. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Congrats to POP POP again, But to the rest of the story. Chris I know you and the rest of the guys would help anyone in any way that you could and very upset with anyone that would harass any of you for holding this very small peice of info for yourself after all the helpfull info you have given over the years. The Lake X stories have made it all the way to the Micky Dees breakfast crowd here in Union. The pics and stories pasted around from table to table, Truthfully I'm not joking. So to anyone that would problems you you guys , There are a lot more of us that respect and enjoy your info please keep it coming. SWAMPFOX JD

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Congrats to POP POP again, But to the rest of the story. Chris I know you and the rest of the guys would help anyone in any way that you could and I am very upset with anyone that would harass any of you for holding this very small peice of info for yourself after all the helpfull info you have given over the years. The Lake X stories have made it all the way to the Micky Dees breakfast crowd here in Union. The pics and stories pasted around from table to table, Truthfully I'm not joking. So to anyone that would problems you you guys , There are a lot more of us that respect and enjoy your info please keep it coming. SWAMPFOX JD