Holy Cow Im Gettin Excited!!!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by field989, Nov 20, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    I Just Bought My First Trapping License And Boy Am I Excited I Cant Wait>>>> Tomorrow Is The Day : )

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    If your excited today just wait until the next morning when you come up on that first catch......... Good luck........

3. ron

ron New Member

State:
    mo
    evey morning is like christmas can't wait to see what you got

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck! I agree with what Ron said, I can not wait to see what just might be in the traps each day.

Ron, welcome to the B.O.C. I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yep...

i only got to set 2 footholds today which i wanted to get at least a few more out.... but i couldnt find ANY muskrat holes so that made me mad lol but heck maybe if i get a coon or two that will make my week : )

6. Switchback XT

Switchback XT New Member

State:
    MS
    The bigger question is this - what do you plan on doing once you got the critter home? I know you don't plan on eating any muskrats...or I hope you don't.

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Make your own holes. We would find a good mud bank dig a 6 or 8 inch hole about a foot deep, dig to where theres about an inch of water in the bottom of your hole, just enough to cover the trap. Set your trap in the opening of the hole, run a piece of wire from the trap to a rock out in the water, so when the muskrat or mink tries to swim away it will drown him, he wont be able to chew his leg off. Good Luck!!