Holy cow, I think I hit the JACKPOT!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Mar 17, 2007.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    WELL,THIS IS HOW IT CAME ABOUT. I HAD TO WORK LATE LAST NIGHT AND GOT HOME AROUND 9PM. AND WAS SETTING IN THE KITCHEN DRINKING COFFEE WITH MY DARLING,(MISS YOU DON'T NEED ANYMORE FISHING ROD'S, REELS,OR GEAR BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF ALREADY!!!) YOU FELLAS PROUBABLY HAVE ONE OF THEM WONDERFUL LADYS YOURSELF.RIGHT!!!!. ANYWAY SHE IS SETTING THERE READING THE NEWS PAPER LOOKING AT THE WANT ADS AND SAYS,HAY BABY LOOK AT THIS AD HERE FOR SOME STUFF TO MAKE FISHING SINKERS. WELL NOW NOTHING GET'S THE OLD MAN EXCITED MORE THAN FISHING RELATED STUFF! RIGHT,??? RIGHT,???. SO I READ THE AD, BINGO BOY'S AS MY LIPS START TO TWITCH AND THE HANDS START TO SHAKE.I SAY'S CALL THIS NUMBER BABY. SHE SAYS WHAT!!!! IT'S 9:45 PM.YOU CRAZY OLD GOAT!!! AND I REPLY WELL HONEY IT SAY'S RIGHT HERE IN THE AD TO CALL ANYTIME, AS I'M SLOBBERING DOWN MY CHIN AND DROULING ON THE PAPER,I SAY OH COME ON SWEEHEART IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT AND FOLKS STAY UP LATER IN THE EVENING,LOOK AT US WE ARE STILL UP NOW. SO I GET HER TO DIAL THE NUMBER FOR ME (THAT WAY IT'S SORTA LIKE A PRE APROVAL CAUSE SHE DIALED IT, NOT ME) JOT THAT ONE DOWN BOY'S IT MIGHT COME IN HANDY SOME TIME. ANYWAY THE MAN ANSWERS THE PHONE AND I SAY I'M CALLING ABOUT IS AD IN THE PAPER AND I HOPE I DIDEN'T WAKE HIM. HE SAYS NO PROUBLEM SO HE START'S TELLING ME THAT ALL THIS STUFF BELONGED TO HIS FATHER WHO HAD PASSED AWAY TWO YEARS AGO AND HE DIDEN'T FISH HIMSELF AND WANTED TO GET RID OF IT CAUSE IT WAS CLUTTERING UP HIS GARAGE. HE TOLD ME WHAT HE HAD AND WANTED $200.00 FOR THE LOT.I ALMOST WET MY PANT'S!!! I SAYS GREAT I'LL TAKE IT. WHEN CAN I COME GET IT? HE SAYS COME RIGHT ON OUT. GOODY,GOODY,GOODY,! SO I TURN TO THE LITTLE LADY AND SAY SPOT ME $200.00 BABY? (BANKS CLOSED!!!) OH COME ON BABY YOU KNOW I NEED THAT STUFF,PLEASE,PLEASE!! SHE LAUGHS AND SAYS OK, HERE YOU GO SO OUT THE HOUSE I GO.NOW THIS I WHAT I BOUGHT. 450 LBS.PURE LEAD #1 POUND INGOTS,ONE 30 POUND CASTIRON ,CASTING POT THREE LADDLES,ONE SKIMMER LADDLE,ONE PLUMMERS FURNACE,#30 POUND PROPANE TANK, APROX 250 POUNDS OF FINISHED SINKERS,EGG,NO ROLL,BANK,RIVER,PRYMID,WALKING LINDY, IN 1 OZ. TO 8 OZ. SIZE.13 DO-IT- MOLDS OF THE SAME.ONE NICE CASTING IRON BENCH FOR THE EQUIPMENT IO SET ON,THREE LARGE WOOD BOXES TO HOLD INGOTS AND MOLDS. I THINK IT WAS ONE HECK OF A BUY.WHAT DO YOU FELLAS THINK??? YOUR FRIEND J.D.
    :0a36: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :byebye: :byebye:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not a fella but sounds to me like ya got a super good deal! Congrats JD!:lol:

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    bought into a lot of hard hot work!

Now, how much are you selling your sinkers for? Free shipping?:tounge_out:

You got enough stuff there to keep you in business for at least six months or keep you in river sinkers at least six weeks:lol:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think its time to open shop and get busy. lol, Great buy, congrats on the find.

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    HAHAHAHA. I giggled all the way through reading that. Sounds just like a kid in a candy store or me at a garbage sale (garage sale) that has fishing stuff.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I believe you did OK, just the equipment and bench would have been a deal.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well John, sir I believe ya done real good . whoever said patience aint a virtue!!

8. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    That sounds like one heck of a deal!

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JD I'm sure glad that man let you come over that night because with that deal hanging in the wind you would not of got any sleep. Excellent buy. Get busy making and selling sinkers and get that Little Sweetie paid back.:lol:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I think you need to come up with a way to pay back the Mrs. LOL! Nice score!

11. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Sounds like some nice stuff, Id like to run across a deal like that.

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sweet deal John, thats the kind of deal I'm after, give you three hundred for it all!

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I think all you need now is my address to send the sinker to. LOL

14. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JD, sounds like a great deal! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I always enjoy them! You sir, have a knack for writing!:big_smile:

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds like a great deal. I wouldn't know to to start if I ever came across a deal like that. Heck, I wouldn't even know where to store it.

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i think you should sell it all , you wanna double yer money , you gotta good deal the lead is worth 4 times that

17. Catsss

Catsss New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Mrs's got you on that one JD. Next time you want some more fishing stuff she is going to say " You just got all of that stuff from that ad in the paper, you don't need any more stuff". :wink: You did get a good deal .:cool2:

18. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just the molds themselves are worth over 300.00! You made a GREAT deal!!!!!!!! Were are these deals when I've got a little overtime in my pocket?

19. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL NOW YOU CAN GIVE EVERYBODY SINKERS AT THE NEXT GATHERING. LOL.

20. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL... old goat is right!! :wink: Purty dern tricky, you are! :eek:oooh: And thank you for this lil insight into the mind of a man ... lol

So... whatcha cookin fer supper this evenin, JD??

Congrats on the great bargain... enjoy!! :lol: