Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just moved to MI from TN. Now that it’s warmed up, I want to get out and do some fishing. I spent a lot of time drift fishing TN/KY rivers for trophy Blue Cats and Flatheads.

The past few days I’ve been studying maps of Holloway Reservoir. My plans is to target larger Channel cats using mostly live and cut bait. I almost always practice catch and release so I’m not concerned with catching large numbers, just quality ones.

I’m primarily fish from my kayak while using two or more rods. I am open to drifting and anchor fishing. I want to focus on sumbmerged structer or optimal terrain features in deeper water in hopes of finding mature fish.

I would love some advice on bait, tactics or spots! Ive never specifically targeted channel cats before so any and all information is much appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm late to post on this, but I used to fish that water a lot at night drifting cut bait. I did best anywhere above the Mt. Morris bridge. Some nights I'd hammer them. They seemed to like my baits moving at a decent clip so I'd actually turn my electric motor on and kind of halfway troll for them with a walking sinker rig. Just targeting trophies? I'm not sure if one area is better than another because I had most my action in about 9ft of water, maybe bigger fish were deeper I'm not sure, but I had some nice ones mixed in with dinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.