Holiday's Coming Up

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fr8dog, Oct 27, 2008.

1. fr8dog

fr8dog New Member

State:
    OK
    Brother Hilljack's post just brought up another thought.

I travel for a living, and many of us will be heading out for the holidays. At the airport, when you see these men and women in uniform, they may be heading home, or might be going out into harm's way. Take the time to shake their hand, say thanks for what they do for us. I carry a couple extra phone cards and toss them out. Pick up a bar tab without them knowing it, or pay for a lunch when one is behind you in line. I've got gate agents to upgrade soldiers into first class with a little "sweet talking". Give up mine to a uniform, when I see them getting on. They deserve it more than I do.

Anyone who's been there knows what it's like to be away at times like this, and a little kindness goes a LONG way.

If you're not traveling, look into groups that send care packages, or donate to the USO.

Let's take care of those, who take care of US.

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Great Post! And I hope everyone on the BOC reads this one! Again thanks and I would rep ya, but I got the spreadem out message!!

3. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    same here... gotta spread them out... I just repped him for the awesome help he gave. gave me the EXACT info I needed. Thanks again!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Reps to ya brother.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Reps to you and may God bless you

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Now that is what the BOC is all about thanks Steve for a great post and idea