Holiday Weekend

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by RAMCTD05, Aug 29, 2008.

1. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Well, we are getting the 3 days off for the weekend. I'm going to fish the Arkansas below Murry. I have a few places picked out for a trotline. Gonna pole fish for a while, check my trotline and repat the next day. Hope this weekend produces for me, unlike the last few times out.:eek:oooh:

2. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    David--Been slow, slow, slow. I hope it will pick up. Was red-hot up until about two weeks ago. You fish LR or NLR side?
    John

3. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I fish both. Fom a boat of corse. I usually launch from Burns.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to everyone fishing

5. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Day one is a bust. fished from 6AM-2PM. One good bite, but I missed him. Oh well, tomorow is another day.

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    david i fished my home river friday and only got one bite----i think they got the summer doldrums or something-----i'm gonna try again monday morning. last weekend i fished the arkansas and mississippi rivers and only caught one fish in two days fishing. :angry:

7. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Fished all morning--LR side of Murray--not even a stinkin' drum. Tried to throw cast net on a small turtle for the little one and missed him too!

Wind howling out of east--we are going for our kite and watching the TENN. v. UCLA game tonight. Cats are safe from us.

John

8. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    Went to the Mississippi river sat caught 2 dinks, don't feel so bad after hearing those reports

9. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Sorry it ook so long to get back and report, I've been buisy.
    Yea, they have been slow, but something did happen, or maybe I just got lucky. At around 1030 last Monday, they decided to bite for just under an hour. Largest I got was a 7 1/2 lbs er. I ended up with a total of 7 fish. 4 nice flieting size and a 3 smallies. Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time.:big_smile:

Attached Files: