Holiday slime or Christmas cat

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 16, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Flatty I got from Bartlet last night. Freaking cold, but the lake was quite and it was nice to see the water up again..
    * I fished off a sand bar Saturday evening, in the morning the sand bar was 6 inches under water...
    ~Water temp was about 55 degrees, air temp was around 30 with wind all night.

I had another run about 3 or 4 in the morning, but I was too frozen to get out of my bag...
    All bites were on cut carp.
    Channel cats were biting all day and night on Garlic shrimp.

A~

Attached Files:

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice pictures. i've spent a few nights like that. laying in bag listening to drag going out and too darn cold to get up and grab it. LOL
    when fishing canals all night, i sleep in back of truck under camper shell. leave door open and have pole next to me. have been known to pull fish up next to shore half out of water and then get in morning.
    gary

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for the pics Andy. I hope to do some of that very soon...

4. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the pics AZflats! I will be spending friday night there. See What I can do. Did you get any more flats there then the one in the pic? I swear that happens to me every time i go out. Get a run at like four in the morning get out of my sleeping bag out of the tent walk accross the cold ground with no shoes only to grab the pole try and set the hook and have to hook pull from the bait:sad2:

5. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great job andy, glad to see you were rewarded for your effort. A little too cold for me!:crazy: Hope to get Cleatus out soon once the new year comes around.

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good job!!!! Sure looks cold. :smile2: I bet you crawled right back in the bag after tha pic. Hopefully i'll get out soon. Working on 2 months no fishing. :eek:oooh:

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Ha, The picture was in the morning after the sun came out.. I caught that one around midnight... He made about 8 fat fish tacos for us last night...:big_smile:

That was the only flathead I caught. I had a mess of channel cats about eater size as well that I caught the day before.