Holiday Fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jul 4, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Me and my fiance live right on the Little Miami River, in Yellow Springs. Me and my brother just we and scoped out some spots that look Real prime for channels at least, heck there may even be a few flatties in there.. But any ways me and my fiance went back there, Saturday evening and had a real good time. We caught 17 bluegills, 1 REAL big snapper, and had a decent channel hooked that came off right at the bank..We did all of this in 2 hours, so it was fun...Now she likes fishing, so we are about to go right now..Wish me luck..Ill post the results when we get home.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya got out brother, always nice to have a bait hole.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Matt,

Perhaps you can join me for some channel cat fishing on the GMR. I had a blast today w/ Dink. The lighter action rods & Channels up to 6# is fun. I almost forgot what it was like. Okay, then again, Faltheads in the 10-20+ range is fun too.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im game Mellon, just say the word brother...

Okay here is the Holiday fishing report on the Little Miami..We ended up catching around 10 fish in 2 hours...8 nice bluegills, 1 ten lb carp which fought real good, he was fun....AND MY FIANCE CAUGHT HER FIRST CHANNEL CAT....Out of the 10 fish, she caught 7..She is turning into quite the fisherman, she had a good time..We rented a cabin right on the Ohio River, so we will be staying for the weekend here in a few weeks, so i am trying to get and keep as many live gills as i can..If it wasnt for her, i would only have about 5..LOL :sad2: ...So i guess she will get first dibs on the live bait when we go after the HAWGS on the Big River