Holiday/Christmas **TREE**

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by canepole, Dec 10, 2005.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I prefer to call mine a christmas tree, and I also believe that if somebody wants to call there tree a holiday tree more power to them, I just hope they don't take the meaning outta christmas,
    **** :) Jesus is the reason for the season****, :)

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i agree with your 110% but the reason these people are saying holidy trees is to remove the reason for the season :mad:

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Canepole,

You hit the nail smack dab on the head there buddy...

I couldn't agree with you more...10 stars my friend...

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah that is just crazy, Like said above-
    "Jesus is the reason for the season".......... and they cant change that!!!

5. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I never heard of a "Holiday Tree" before. But I don't get out much or watch television.

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    It is a Christmas tree if you ask me but then again I am not PC

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Oh, but they are trying real hard to do just that Lil'Brother!!! I sickens me to see this going on!!! Yes CHRIST is the REASON for the season!!!

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Alot of the store's are also bending to the left so they don't offend anybody, instead of having signs that read, "Merry Christmas" they are posting signs that read "happy holiday's"
    I think that us believers should avoid those store's and do out shopping at store's that respect our religous holiday, I wonder how long it would take them to change those signs

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I wonder where them folks thanks the "Holiday" come from?

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom, I fully agree with you... hope you don't mind me posting this on your thread.

[font=arial,helvetica]Christmas Tree

This is a Christmas tree.
    It is not a Hanukkah bush,
    it is not an Allah plant,
    it is not a Holiday hedge.
    It is a Christmas tree.

Say it... CHRISTmas , CHRISTmas , CHRISTmas.

Yes. CHRISTmas - celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ!!!

If this offends you...too bad.

Get over it ~[/font]

11. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Dayton,That pretty much puts the iceing on the cake, thanks for sharing that with us.

12. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    We were all asked if we were going to attend the company's Christmas party. When the sign about it was being put up by one of the useless "Human Resouces" personell, it said "Holiday Party".

I asked what holiday was it for and she said "What do you think". Christmas I said. Well sure it is, was the reply.

Then why don't you just put that on your sign? Oh we can't say that anymore, was the reply. Well, when you have a Christmas party, I might just come. Don't expect me at your Holiday Party.

Come to find out, the one man that owns KCS International, the company I work for, is a whimp, and has bowed to the few.

I used to tell folks, this time of year, "Happy Holidays", only because it was easy. Now that I find out it's now politicly correct, I make it a point to say "Merry Christmas".

13. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    what gets me is when did it become agaisnt the law to say merry christmas?
    seems like ever since this lodow dork out here in cali started pushing his aitheist beliefs down others throats everything has go nuts.

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    WEll first of all this is the U.S.A and as far back as any of us remember its always been and will be a christmas tree. Now we have so many people coming to are great country with different views. But its the U.S.A and we have christmas if they dont ok but dont ask us the change are ways for them.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, I agree!

Christmas tree, Christmas tree, Christmas tree.........Let's keep it that way!

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    It has always been a christmas to me and always will!!!

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    You guys are totally correct. Its a shame our country could stoop so low but it seems to get worse and worse every year. People need to wake up and read there bible one of these days before its to late!!!

18. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    but that would require a effort on thier part. and then they would have some excuse as to why it aint pc to read. just tickes me off anymore. oh well its not my place to judge them.

19. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Once again I say, "Since when did the minority become the majorities voice ?" Why is it that everywhere you go nowdays you are not allowed to say or display a certian "Christ" name on a day that he was born ?

My wife's job has told her she could be fired for saying to a customer, "Merry Christmas" ..... It may affend a shopper. Well, that there affends me big time ! Why is it o.k. to affend the majority to protect the well being of the minority ?
    There needs to be a grass roots movement started to let "Our Goverment and Corporate America" know we ain't going for this anymore !

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !