Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how I catfish in the river but I wondering if Im doing it right. If Im fishing a river in the day time I want to fish the deepest and coldest holes I can find. I also have been doing this at night to and I think thats where Im messing up. Ive heard at night the big flatheads come up in the shallow waters to feed and I can believe this. Im wondering mostly about night fishing because thats usually when I go. Is this true? Do I need to fish the shallow waters or the deep holes at night? Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Flatheads will feed for sure in the shallow at night some times it matters on the time of year. i have a really good spot in about 25 feet of water in the spring and fall but in the summer I dont do very good. Its always good to try both. my favorite hole is very deep but I move around alot always positioning baits at different spots and alot of people have told me this it doesnt matter how deep the hole is it just has to be deeper then whats around and cover and snags are favorites.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
at night out here i like to fish the shallow outer edges of the holes, starting right about dusk. the big flats and channels will come out of the holes looking for food. this tends to be where i catch the better ones at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.