Holes or Shallow

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by hunterhnc20, Mar 26, 2008.

1. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    This is how I catfish in the river but I wondering if Im doing it right. If Im fishing a river in the day time I want to fish the deepest and coldest holes I can find. I also have been doing this at night to and I think thats where Im messing up. Ive heard at night the big flatheads come up in the shallow waters to feed and I can believe this. Im wondering mostly about night fishing because thats usually when I go. Is this true? Do I need to fish the shallow waters or the deep holes at night? Thanks

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ever since i was a youngster, I have always been to to fish shallow at nite. I have fished both, and seem to do better at nite. Hope this helps.

3. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    YES CATFISH DO TEND TO COME UP IN THE SHALLOWS AT NIGHT TO FEED.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish shallow at night too another thing that can help you is looking for some of these creeks that may have dead shad floating up stream usually where them dead shad are you can find some cats

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Flatheads will feed for sure in the shallow at night some times it matters on the time of year. i have a really good spot in about 25 feet of water in the spring and fall but in the summer I dont do very good. Its always good to try both. my favorite hole is very deep but I move around alot always positioning baits at different spots and alot of people have told me this it doesnt matter how deep the hole is it just has to be deeper then whats around and cover and snags are favorites.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    at night out here i like to fish the shallow outer edges of the holes, starting right about dusk. the big flats and channels will come out of the holes looking for food. this tends to be where i catch the better ones at.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    at night i fish the flats above the hole but always have 1 pole in the hole or next to structure like log jams both have produced for me

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like deep holes in the daytime and winter months.
    Shallow at night
    When the water is high and muddy I like both