hogs in city limits

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by massa_jorge, May 9, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    around my carp spots there's a bunch of scrubland. i was bumming around in there the other day and came across some hog tracks. 3 inches wide normal, 5 inches wide splayed. i checked this spot the last couple days and found a lot more sign, and at least 3 different sets of tracks. they are messing around a lot in the mud where a pond dried up, and rooting around in the cattails. this is less than 100 yards away from a ymca baseball field. kind of weird because we don't see stuff like this in town here. i might put out some corn and try a snare, we'll see.

Attached Files:

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    oh how i envy you guys that can put pork in the freezer anytime you want. lol go getum bro. cant you bow hunt them in town?

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Jordan I thought you Texas boys could clear leather and cut loose anytime anywhere, LOL.
    Be sure and tell the kids to be mindfull till the porks in the freezer.
    :smile2:
    Must be the ball park nachos drawing em in.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Kill em!!! I hope ya eradicate every wild hog there is.:angry: As much as i enjoy hog hunting i'll be glad to see the last one gone. They breed like rats and the damage they do is much worse.

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Heck with the snare, stick it with an arrow.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i might start takin my bow with me on my bait expeditions, just in case. i won't worry too much about the hunting in town thing, they don't need to be here and certainly not around kids. i wonder if it would freak anyone out, me following a blood trail through a neighborhood! :smile2:

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Throw down a sack of corn, comeback to it the next morning and stick a pig. Sounds like a terrific gameplan to me. Heck if it was me, I'd stop by the ballpark and get a snocone and a bag of peanuts to munch on too.:big_smile:

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    City and dump hogs are the most likely to carry a human related Disease,Bacteria or Virus.You and your family are at risk with these hogs and their meat.Folks have been known to butcher with gloves and care,yet they or a family member prepare the flesh later open handed and normally.The odds are all in your favor of all going well.

The results can be catastrophic in the rare cases when they do not.Remember,these hogs are feeding on the garbage,raw sewage/feces of homeless people,transients,ally cats and pigeons along with the bodies of any of these that they find.

Please think about this!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    PeeWee brings up a good point. Here in Nebraska, the Game and Parks eliminated around 65 wild hogs by a local lake. With the studies they did on them, 1 of them had rabies. I know it's only 1 of 65, but this should known to take caution around these critters.

I would love to be down there in Texas with you Jordan! Smacking some hogs with my bow has always been on my list of animals to harvest!!

10. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Check and see if it was rabies or psuedo rabies, big difference, the latter mostly being a problem with domestic hogs. Mostly just take the standard precautions, latex gloves, wash hands, and cook well.

Jim