hog trough

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cat lineman, Jul 23, 2008.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    has anyone be fishing the hog trough over at perry,just wondering if it was producing or not

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not at all familar with the area, but I am sure someone will respond quickly enough. Good luck fishing

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i didnt think the trough was a palce as much as it was just a bunch of baots tossing out spolied beans...... i know they all do it at perry alot when they are circleing the boats they do catch alot of eaters

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Its going hot and heavy out there.I heard last weekend a tourny was won fishing that area with around 98lb of cats caught.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    We fished a hog trough Sat. , but not at Perry. We went to Pleasanton West and East. I fished with Delbert Bumbleshoot and his uncle Bill. We caught over 60 channels alltogether. We did get 2 nice ones. Eric got a 12 lber. and I got an 8 lber. Not used to fishing in the day for cats, real hot , and I was real tired from the night before, but I had alot of fun. Thanks Eric and Bill for letting me tag along.

12 lb.
    http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/k1978a/058.jpg

8 lb.
    http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/k1978a/060.jpg

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice fish guys.

Keith thats about the first picture i have seen of you in the daylight.

Remember next time you go you dont need a flashlight fishing during the day you need sun glasses:cool2::smile2::smile2:

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Boys I tried to give Keith some sunscreen he wouldn't take it.Keith is hardcore man. Fishing 24/7. He knows his stuff. My wife won't let me go that often.Keith you're welcome with me anytime.Speaking of the wife she would sure be happy if I got rid of the 15 fish attractors in my backyard { there were 30 a couple of months ago}.Maybe I can sneak down to Olathe lake this weekend and drop some on your spots. A little cover couldn't hurt your favorite spots any.

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im sure we can work something out Eric. As of now , Olathe Lake is the plan for tomorrow night. :big_smile: