hog trouf

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cat lineman, May 21, 2008.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    so I fished perry a few times last yr when they were baiting,is their any specail trick to catching these fish we thru out beans and the boats around were catching fish but we really didn't. Tried alot of different dip or punch bait but no real luck. could see fish come in on the finder but no hook up. Open for any help. thanks

2. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Next time you are out there just ask the guy next to you how many cranks up. I would just start off by having one pole up one crank up and another up two cranks and just keep going up tell you find them. I never had to go more than five cranks up. The beaning season does not kick off untell July but you might beable to get some early birds out there. Its been a few years since I have beaned but I just used the beans as bait and did very well.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    We have kind of a "hog trough" here to on Milford. Usually all you have to do is lay your bait on the bottom, dip and punch bait's work, but also shad guts, or chunks. Haven't seen anyone fishing it this year yet though.

4. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thanks guy's I'll give that a try this yr