Hog Trapping

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by TX Catman, Dec 20, 2006.

1. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a freind In west Texas who has a major hogg problem. See they keep digging under his fence to get the deer corn he lays out. Now every time we see a hog we shoot it of course. But they just keep coming. Do you have any hogg trapping ideas?

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Check out The Noble Foundation website...lotsa good info.

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey JT welcome to the BOC, as for hog trapping, u should probably set up your trap near hog rubs, baited with almost any dead carcuss, dear, hog almost anything, and btw lol theres a hog hunting thread. :big_smile:

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Jt welcome to the Boc Ask your friend if he would invite the guys on the Boc to come hunt them I am sure there would be some takers I quit hunting my self heath reasons but I am looking out for my BOC Brothers:big_smile_2:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    corn with beer on it is pretty good for getting a hog into a trap. if you're wanting to eradicate them though, join the club! those things aren't going anywhere. something i have found that makes them a little less bold is going out nightly for a week and spotlight the hell out of them!

6. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    One of the easiest ways to catch hogs is on a fenceline. If you can find where they are going under a fence, usually there will be black hair stuck on the barb wire. Make a snare out of 3/16" stainless steel wire. If there is not a sturdy fence post near the crossing point. Drive a steel fence post next to the hole under the fence. Make your loop and attach the other end to the fence post. Guaranteed to catch your hog if they are coming under the fence. If you have any questions send me a PM.