Hog Hunting Helicopter Style

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ldw45, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    pretty cool aint it... i dont know about the sport, but its got to be harder to hit one out of a helicopter than it looks...

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry,Thats just plain WRONG to me.:angry:

3. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    My feeling excately.............What he said...:angry:

4. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it was just a so called sporting hunt I would tend to agree it is wrong....... but when you see first hand the destruction those hogs can do I think its an effective control of a very destructive animal. Somewhat like those cute little prairie dogs until you have seen what they can do to a field.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I understand the destruction ,But That seems like a hellova waste,Specially in this day and age,They just leave em lay? There was a forward Mssg that I wasnt able to read all of {went by too fast}:wink: I gathered these guys dont let hunts be booked. There are other means to kill hogs,But I understand its a TX thing.

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is a good means of killen off wild hogs. Wild hogs are habitat destructive non-native. We have a shoot on site law in Mo. Cant be no worst than trapping them or usen dogs.

7. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i agree 100%,plain wrong.wasting the meat,for one thing.then putting it on film to post on the internet,thats wrong.there are other ways.just wrong.:angry:

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    those jerks were around here for awhile..not the same ones i dotn think but anyways..they were shooting the hogs on everybodys land and leaving them layin...wtf

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

TEXAS THANG!! YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY !:tounge_out: :tounge_out:

just jackin with ya

10. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Hog eradication is what this is about. Farmers and ranchers lose billions of dollars every year from hog damage. Trapping and hunting will not reduce the numbers. That has been tried. They reproduce faster than any other large animal out there and they eat almost anything. You can say its wrong, not sporting, and wasteful, but no one here in Texas that is dealing with the hog population explosion is going to feel like you do. So until they come up with a better way to control them, its lock and load! Catfishjon

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

umm im in Texas dealing with it and i do not like some dude in a chopper with out my permission shooting ANY thing on ym land and leaving it to ROT and STINK. If they would at least let soembody know where they were it could at least be handled. NOT AGAINsT THE ERADICATION AT ALL!!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm not aware of the damage wild hogs are causing. I did note all of this was filmed on flat farm lands. Would it be a bigger problem for them to do that in hill country? I have no opinion, but I would not agree of someone killing on your property and letting lay where they fell. There is a lot of hungry people out there that could use fresh meat. Needs some time of regulations.

13. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    my main problem is.why film it and put on the internet for all to see.does it mekem feel like big men.eradication or not,it should be a quik clean kill.those are'nt.and why waste the meat,it can be used.puttin it on the internet is just stupid.let everybody see what we can do,they ain't chit.:angry:

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Are feral hogs even edible for human consumption? Leaving them lay where they are will maybe show the other feral hogs that are out there that hey there is some bad juju out there Ive heard they are smart as !@#$.

15. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah there some of the best eatin there is.if they're gonna killem,usem.and leaving them lay ain't gonna makem pack their bags an move.where they gonna go.i hunt hogs i kill hogs,one shot,one kill,quik and humane.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Now I guess i see where PETA gets their fire power:angry::confused2::sad2:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Shooting something from a still position is difficult, but shooting a moving object from a moving object probably takes somekind of major marksmenship.

Doesn't look easy.:cool2:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hogs are super destructive to farm land. I made a post in the SC section yesterday about four hogs that we are trying to kill that have about destroyed a wheat field I just planted. Those four hogs have done about $2500 worth of damage so far. I watched part of the video. I would think that the copter was CONTRACTED by FARMERS specifically for hog eradication. As for the hogs being wasted, I'd think there was someone on the ground that was collecting the carcasses. Again, I did not watch the whole video.

Bill in SC

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

i would collect them...BBQ TIME