Hog hunters in Florida

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by Katfish Kern, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Anyone around here hunt hogs in Florida??

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I am up here in NY, so I guess my answer is no, I don't hunt them in Florida. However, we are starting to develop a wild hog population in a Cortland county, about 45 minutes south of me. There are several stories how they got started, my best guess is that a canned huntig preserve up that way had a jailbreak. The population is steadily increasing. There are no hunting regs on hogs in NY. So now I have an animal I can hunt year round if I wish. Saves my spirits when no seasons are open. I haven't harvested one yet, however my buddies who hunt with me have taken foo far on our trips. I got to say I love the hunt and the meat. If you get into em' down there be sure to share the pic's and stories.....you'll always have an anxious eye and ear here.

Richard

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I used to hunt and trap them in Fl.

4. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use to when I was a teen. just outside of gainsville.

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I haven't killed one in along time. The last time I was with a Miccosukkee Indian friend of mine down off alligator alley. We hunted them with his Kurs. And we stuck the hog with a case knife under the left front leg into the heart. First time I had ever done anything like that. It was really a rush. I love hog hunting.

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    wild hogs are considered livestock in Florida. If they are on your property they are yours and you can take all you want anytime. They came to my deer feeders (50 yards from my back porch) all the time so when I needed one it was one shot from the porch then load the hog on the wagon behind the lawn tractor for a one way trip to the freezer....